Length units such as millimeter and inches
are used everywhere in our day to day life. From measuring those
fields and house area to doing our day to day engineering
calculations we need to usually interconvert quantities between mm
to inches. To make this task more handy and easy for you we have
this tool designed for your ease. Convert mm to inches by just
putting the desired value and the tool will perform a desired
function on the input value using a set of algorithms and thus
return to you the much desired and converted results. You can
directly put those values as and wherever they are required.
Definition of mm:mm stands for millimeter and it is the
unit of length as per the SI system of measurements. 1 mm is
equivalent to 1/1000th times of a meter. It is often defined as
the distance travelled by light waves during the time interval of
1/299792458 times of a second.
Definition of Inches :The inch is a unit of length that is
basically used in the U.S. length measurement systems. It is
equivalent to 1/12th of a foot and also 1/36th of a yard.
Convert Millimeter to Inch
- 1 inch = 0.039370 mm(25.4 mm)
- 1 mm =3/64 inches((0.0393700787 in)
Use this easy breezy tool in order to
convert millimeter to inches and just directly use the values in
your calculations without any trouble. Why to do extra
calculations when already mm to inches convertor tool is there to
do all this for you.
General places where we use inches as the unit for measuring lengths
- The use of inches can be traced back from the evidence in the
7th century where it was defined as the length of three
- In 1933, even the American Standard association also adopted
this value in their standard units of measurement of length.
- Even in the 12th century, people of Scotland use inch as a
unit of measurement. They defined a inch as equivalent to the
length of a thumb of a man.
- In 1959, U.S. and British signed a treaty so as to accept and
fix a common definition of an inch for the commonwealth
- In U.S., primarily all the road signs, and the quantities
related to distance and speed are being measured using the inches
as the unit of length.
General places where we use mm as the unit for measuring lengths
- Generally the engineering tools such as Vernier caliper, screw
gauge , etc use this unit of measurement of length with great
- From those manufacturing gauges to the cutting tools
everything is designed based on this unit of length that is mm.
- In the designing and engineering industry or for measuring the
high precision quantities we use this smallest unit of length
known as mm for getting the best and most appropriate lengths.
How to use the above tool for easy conversion of millimeters to inches?
Follow the given steps for easy and quick conversion of any quantity from mm to inch.
- Just open the tool and put the value in the box below mm whose
value you need to convert millimeters to inches.
- Ones you have input the value then just click on the convert
tab to let the tool run a set of instructions on to the input
value to get the desired results.
- The final quantity displayed under the inches tab is the
- You can directly use the displayed value as and wherever
required by you.